- Neck Pain (Acute + Chronic)
- Low Back Pain
- Acute Lower Back Pain
- Chronic Lower Back Pain
- Cervicogenic Headache
- Cervicogenic Dizziness
- Acute Whiplash-Associated Disorders
- Sports Injuries
- Shoulder Girdle Pain / Dysfunction
- Frozen Shoulder (aka Adhesive Capsulitis)
- Tennis Elbow
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Runners knee (aka Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome PFPS)
- Planter Fascitis
- Extremity Joint Conditions
At KHChiropractic we treat every patient as an individual and tailors the treatment to suit their needs. We use a combination of techniques including:
- Mobilisation techniques (some people prefer this to manipulation as there is no sound created)
- Soft tissue work
Chiropractic Manipulation (aka an adjustment) is a low amplitude, high velocity thrusts which can result in an ‘audible release’ (a popping sound). This noise if a waste gas releasing between the joint and is painless. A variety of soft tissue techniques may also be used including:-
- Therapeutic massage
- Active release technique
- Post isometric relaxation (PIR)
- Trigger point therapy (Trp therapy)
Chiropractic treatment is usually painless however if the area is inflamed there can be some discomfort.
The examination and treatment process includes:-
- Detailed history – which is an account of your problem and past medical history.
- Examination – You will be offered a gown to protect your modisty. Specific tests will be carried out to establish the exact cause of your complaint.
- Explanation of your complaint – your chiropractor will discuss your injury and a proposed treatment plan. There will be an opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
- Treatment – A personalised plan will be designed to meet your needs. Care and support will be provided to manage pain, disability and restore normal function throughout your recovery.