Mothers-to-be frequently suffer from pregnancy related pain, linked to the joints, ligaments and muscles of their changing body. Our experienced pregnancy Chiropractor, Karen, and our pregnancy massage therapist, Florence, frequently treats women both prenatally and postnatally.
Treatment can helps the mother feel more comfortable and assists in coping with the physical stresses of an ever changing body. These changes can result in the development of neuromuscular problems which respond well to gentle, safe, non-invasive pregnancy Chiropractic care.
Many of our pregnant patients enjoy a gentle pregnancy massage with Florence to destress and relax, very popular for those with a hectic city job!
Common complaints experienced during pregnancy
Pubic symphysis syndrome
Lower back pain
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Pregnancy has the following effects on the body:-
Release of the hormone relaxin causes muscle and ligament relaxation, which can result in joints stiffening.
Increased weight causes:-
- Demand and fatigue on spinal and pelvic muscles and ligaments
- Increased lumbar and thoracic spinal curves further increase the above
- Increased joint stress encouraging vertebral and sacroiliac joint restriction
Change in weight distribution
- Increases demand and fatigue on spinal and pelvic muscles
- Increases stress on spinal and pelvic ligaments
- Increase in lumbar and thoracic spinal curves which further increase the above
- Increased joint stress and thus occurrence of vertebral and sacroiliac joint misalignments
These changes primarily affect pelvic and spinal ligaments, muscles, joints and other supportive soft tissues. These changes cause sprain/strains of pelvic and spinal structures, as well as alteration of the normal spinal curvatures and spinal biomechanics. The result is an increased stress on the body which can lead to pain and discomfort.
We have chiropractors and sports massage therapists avaliable with experience treating women during pregnancy. Visiting a chiropractor can help reduce and or manage your pregnancy pain, helping you achieve a more comfortable pregnancy. Our experienced pregnancy chiropractor will use appropriate gentle treatment techniques. Please call KHChiropractic Aldgate / Liverpool Street for more information 0203 633 0565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org